Thursday, December 20, 2007

December 21st - Day 2 Re-cap and Day 3 Preview

Gidday Race Fans:

Well, what can I say about race day 2... DFL- Arghhhhhhh!

Yesterday was the best weather day for at least 12 days here at Omarama. You can look at the official results onthe GP website. However, we have a tough tight race going here. Unfortunately yesterday, I was not a part of it. Apparently I was the one providing some drama with my two rock polishing saves at the first turn and again at he third turn. After I inadvertently dumped ALL of my water going into the first turn, it was just a long slow slog around the course. After I started hearing finishers as I was about 100+ km out, I turned off the radio and enjoyed the beautiful views and flying among the rocks. This is truly gliding heaven - anyone who gets the opportunity to fly hear should absolutely take advantage.

I've just been handed the task sheet for today's task day 3.

Task A: 034 Goodger, 075 Siberia, 033 Glentanner, 122 West Control, and Finish 271.7 km

Task B: 073 Scrubby, 057 Neck, 051 Morven, 039 Huxley, 122 West Control, and Finsh 254.9 km.

As you can see, Task A is basically yesterday's task in reverse. Maybe I can get it right in reverse B is another backup in case the cloudbases do not go up.

As you can see, the weather is pretty stable. Thus we are getting the same tasks day after day. Oh well.

Gotta go as Brian Spreckley is beginning the briefing.

See Ya! Tim/TM


P.S. - FD this Ventus has the same lag in the instruments as yours did.

PS PS - Does anyone have anything good to say about the Borgelt B-100??

2 comments:

Duke said...

A B-100? You're kidding right?

Anonymous said...

Something good about the B-100...Hmmm...I've got it!

It's probably cheaper than a ClearNav.